National Geographic Kids Book Club
New Books (12)
- Not-So-Common Cents: Super Duper Important Facts About Money You Can't Afford to MissNot-So-Common Cents: Super Duper Important Facts About Money You Can't Afford to Miss
Cha-ching! Learn everything adults wish they knew about money when they were kids―and more―including how to make it, save it, and multiply it!
While money certainly isn’t everything, one fact is true: No matter where you live in the world, money is a basic necessity. From the clothes on your back to the food on your plate, chances are, money is somehow involved in almost all of your day-to-day activities.
- 1,000 Facts About Space1,000 Facts About Space
BLAST OFF into the WONDERS OF OUTER SPACE with ONE THOUSAND INCREDIBLE FACTS!
Did you know … that one of Saturn’s moons is so hollow it would float in water? That the largest known star is 3.69 billion times bigger than our sun? Or that Jupiter likely has diamonds floating in its clouds?
- Big Book of W.O.W.: Astounding Animals, Bizarre Phenomena, Sensational Space, and More Wonders of Our WorldBig Book of W.O.W.: Astounding Animals, Bizarre Phenomena, Sensational Space, and More Wonders of Our World
Embrace your inner adventurer as you explore the most incredible and inspiring wonders of our world. Roam through the breathtaking sand dunes in Namibia’s Namib Desert. Marvel at Mexico’s axolotl, an animal that can regrow almost any body part. Plunge into a mysterious underwater forest in Kazakhstan. Open your mind to far-off wonders in space, the oceans, and time travel to the ancient wonders of the world.
- Weird But True World 2023: Incredible facts, awesome photos, and weird wonders―for THIS YEAR and beyond!Weird But True World 2023: Incredible facts, awesome photos, and weird wonders―for THIS YEAR and beyond!
Discover Earth’s strangest animals, natural formations, festivals, ancient wonders, news, and more in this newest addition to the wildly popular Weird But True! family―an annual compendium of everything Weird But True! fans love ... and then some.
- 5,000 Awesome Facts About Animals5,000 Awesome Facts About Animals
Did you know that a grizzly bear’s bite is strong enough to crush a bowling ball? Or that a breed of dog yodels instead of barking? How about that wombat poop is cube-shaped?
Bursting with fascinating, fun-tastic facts, this treasure trove of all things animals leaves no habitat unexplored or unusual animal ability unmentioned!
- National Geographic Kids Dinosaur AtlasNational Geographic Kids Dinosaur Atlas
Dig into the amazing world of dinosaurs! This one-of-a-kind atlas from National Geographic is packed with eye-popping illustrations, incredible fossil finds, and fascinating maps custom made for kids by the world leaders in mapmaking and exploration.
- The Ultimate Book of Big Cats: Your guide to the secret lives of these fierce, fabulous felinesThe Ultimate Book of Big Cats: Your guide to the secret lives of these fierce, fabulous felines
They’re strong. They’re powerful. They’re mysterious.
Get ready to sink your teeth into the hidden worlds of the seven spectacular big cats―and meet some of their smaller cousins―with National Geographic Explorers Steve Winter and Sharon Guynup as your guides.
- National Geographic Kids Almanac 2023)National Geographic Kids Almanac 2023 (US edition) (National Geographic Kids Almanac (Hardcover))
The 2023 National Geographic Kids Almanac is the biggest edition yet!
Get ready for 2023 with all the latest and greatest information on animals, science, nature, technology, conservation, and more in this worldwide best-selling almanac.
- Pirate QueensPirate Queens
This wow-worthy book proves that women have been making their mark in all aspects of history―even the high seas! Meet Ching Shih, a Chinese pirate who presided over a fleet of 80,000 men (by contrast, Blackbeard had some 300). Get the scoop on Anne Bonny who famously ran away from an arranged marriage to don trousers and brandish a pistol in the Bahamas. And there are more!
- Ultimate Book of the Future: Incredible, Ingenious, and Totally Real Tech that will Change Life as You Know ItUltimate Book of the Future: Incredible, Ingenious, and Totally Real Tech that will Change Life as You Know It (National Geographic Kids)
Robot dogs! Jet packs! Cyborgs! Super-sleek space suits! It’s not science fiction, it’s science reality. And soon, it may be part of everyday life. This book is a jam-packed collection of the coolest tech and wildest ideas that are shaping the world of tomorrow.
This is the perfect book for fans of sci-fi, budding engineers and scientists, lovers of futuristic movies and pop culture, and anyone who has ever dreamed about what tomorrow might look like.
- Critter ChatCritter Chat
If animals could speak (and text and post selfies, and review items on Amazon), what would they say? Find out in this hilarious collection of imagined digital encounters, based on real animal intel and facts.
- Just Joking 7Just Joking 7
Hilarious jokes paired with colorful, silly animal photos are sure to tickle the funny bones of kid comedians everywhere. Plus, the portable size is perfect for throwing in a backpack or tossing in the car for guffaws on the go.
More Fun Books (12)
- Explorer Academy: The Forbidden IslandExplorer Academy: The Forbidden Island (Book 7)
A heart-pounding final showdown changes the life of Cruz Coronado forever in the seventh and final book in this thrilling fact-based fiction series.
Amid assignments that take the Explorer Academy recruits from the iceberg-filled waters of Antarctica to the bone-dry deserts of Argentina, Cruz Coronado is scrambling to complete the last piece of the cipher. With Nebula agents and the elusive explorer spy still ...
- Ultimate Food Atlas: Maps, Games, Recipes, and More for Hours of Delicious FunUltimate Food Atlas: Maps, Games, Recipes, and More for Hours of Delicious Fun
Exploring the world has never been more yummy and fun! Discover how unique foods are grown, eaten, and celebrated by people all over the planet, get recipes for delicious dishes, and so much more!
- Weird But True Know-It-All: Rocks & MineralsWeird But True Know-It-All: Rocks & Minerals
Did you know that Montana’s Grasshopper Glacier is filled with millions of frozen locusts that got caught in a storm more than 300 million years ago? Or that gneiss is one of the world’s oldest rock forms? One sample from Canada is more than FOUR BILLION years old! In this latest single-subject Weird But True! book, readers will have a blast discovering that there’s a lot more to rocks and minerals than meets the eye.
- No Boundaries: 25 Women Explorers and Scientists Share Adventures, Inspiration, and AdviceNo Boundaries: 25 Women Explorers and Scientists Share Adventures, Inspiration, and Advice
Meet 25 female explorers and scientists in these inspirational and poignant stories of exploration, courage, and girl power.
Along the way, they share lessons learned and words of wisdom sure to inspire the next generation of scientists, adventurers, and world-changers.
- Zeus the Mighty: The Epic Escape From the UnderworldZeus the Mighty: The Epic Escape From the Underworld (Book 4)
A dark land filled with shadows and strange noises. A multiheaded beast standing guard. A new, sly ruler with a few tricks in store. A lack of Mutt Nuggets to fill Ares the pug’s belly ...
- It's a Numbers Game! FootballIt's a Numbers Game! Football
Do you know how to calculate a quarterback’s completion percentage? What was the score of the highest scoring Super Bowl game? Become a football fanatic and learn all about the numbers and math behind this popular sport.
- Break Down: Explosions, implosions, crashes, crunches, cracks, and more ... a How Things Work look at how things breakBreak Down: Explosions, implosions, crashes, crunches, cracks, and more ... a How Things Work look at how things break
Boom! Crash! Crumble! A wrecking ball smashes into the side of a building, sending pieces flying. It’s an awe-inspiring sight. It’s also science!
This book explores how things break down, crack, explode, crumple, and shatter. This fun, unique take on a how-things-work book explores the world through the lens of what it takes for things to, well, not work. Featuring hands-on activities that walk kids through their own experiments in destruction, Break Down! will change the way you look at the world.
- Weird But True! Birthdays: 300 Fun-Tastic Facts to CelebrateWeird But True! Birthdays: 300 Fun-Tastic Facts to Celebrate
Do you LOVE your birthday and never want it to end? Keep the party spirit pumping all year with this mind-boggling book! Did you know that on each birthday, you are 31,536,000 seconds older than you were on your last birthday?
Unwrap 300 wacky facts and pictures showcasing the hilarious history, crazy coincidences, awesome astrological beliefs, and surprising statistics behind birthdays.
- Why? Animals: 99+ Awesome Answers for Curious KidsWhy? Animals: 99+ Awesome Answers for Curious Kids
Want to know why octopuses shoot ink? Or why your cat almost always lands on its feet? Or why on earth penguins can’t fly? This clever Q&A book is packed with answers to your burning questions about animals!
If you want to rule in your knowledge about the animal kingdom and become an expert on all creatures that crawl, wriggle, run, swim, leap, and fly, this is the book for you! .
- Nerdlet: TechNerdlet: Tech
Calling all tech nerds! This hefty little book is big on awesomeness―including cutting-edge tech, cool science, stunning stats, and even a little silliness.
In this electrifying addition to the Nerdlet book series, you'll glimpse incredible inventions of all kinds―from out-of-this-world robots and space suits to superspy gear to the humble microwave. (Yes. The microwave. Trust us―it's actually interesting!) You'll learn about groundbreaking inventions from history ... alongside science that's changing (and saving!) the world right now.
- Izzy Newton and the S.M.A.R.T. Squad: The Law of CavitiesIzzy Newton and the S.M.A.R.T. Squad: The Law of Cavities (Book 3)
In this third book in the S.M.A.R.T. Squad series, best friends Izzy Newton, Allie Einstein, Marie Curie, Charlie Darwin, and Gina Carver set out on a mystery-filled outdoor adventure.
Now that Izzy’s finally found her voice in public speaking class and become an ice hockey star, she’s determined to conquer her “dizzy-Izzy-ness” in new situations―including caring for her brand-new braces on an outdoor education overnight and her friends’ good-natured teasing about her friend Trevor. But the forecast for fun turns cloudy when the girls discover their cabin chaperone is none other than ...
- Can't Get Enough Space Stuff: Fun Facts, Awesome Info, Cool Games, Silly Jokes, and More!Can't Get Enough Space Stuff: Fun Facts, Awesome Info, Cool Games, Silly Jokes, and More! (National Geographic Kids)
This book has everything to captivate space enthusiasts: Tons of fun facts, exciting games, hands-on activities, hilarious space jokes, stories from experts, and tidbits about the latest info on black holes, the International Space Station, and what life on Mars could look like.