Video Of The Week — Have You Taken The Mannequin Challenge?

By

CCSS
First Lady Michelle Obama and LeBron James doing the Mannequin Challenge. (Photo Credit: Cleveland Cavaliers via Twitter)

The Mannequin Challenge is the latest viral Internet video trend that is taking the world by storm. As the name indicates, it involves being frozen in action for about a minute while the video is being recorded, usually with a catchy tune playing in the background.

It is believed that #MannequinChallenge was started by students from Edward H. White School in Jacksonville, Florida on October 26. Since then, everyone from Hollywood celebrities like Kevin Hart, to tennis star Novak Djokovic to First Lady Michelle Obama, have joined in the fun. The challenge even reunited Destiny’s Child singers Beyoncé, Kelly Rowland, and Michelle Williams!

Hillary Clinton and Bon Jovi participate in the Mannequin Challenge (Photo Credit: YouTube screen capture)

How long the craze lasts remains to be seen. Given that it requires very little talent, the fad may stick around longer than most. However, you never know, so be sure to complete your Mannequin Challenge before it’s too late!

Resources: NPR.com,wikipedia.org

Cite Article
999 Comments
  • leiker1414
    leiker1414Monday, July 13, 2020 at 8:42 am
    I wanna try that.
    • leiker1414
      leiker1414Monday, July 13, 2020 at 8:36 am
      Shout out to the kid's who made this challenge. They did a great job. 👍👍👍
      • leiker1414
        leiker1414Monday, July 13, 2020 at 8:15 am
        I love that song!!!!!
        • lolatheute
          lolatheuteSunday, May 10, 2020 at 3:15 pm
          OMG 😲 the ping pong ball!!!! CRAZY!! Mind blown!
          • lolatheute
            lolatheuteSunday, May 10, 2020 at 3:10 pm
            Hahaha! in school my teacher used to say Mannequin! and we would all freeze and she would move us funny places around the classroom. It was soooo fun! 😁😆😂
            • animereina2020
              animereina2020Sunday, May 10, 2020 at 2:30 pm
              Lol! Reminds me of them old times when I was in third grade! We played that game all of the time! It was so fun, but really hard to keep still. I remember when I teacher would be gone, we would all goof around and start talking, but when the teacher is about to open the door, one of my class mates start yelling, "ANDY'S COMING!", and we would all fall to the floor😂 But that was years ago, and now I am in sixth grade going to seventh...😐
              • lenaplayzgames
                lenaplayzgamesSunday, May 10, 2020 at 6:36 am
                Reeee if me teacher thinks we are too loud or we are being rowdy, she says mannequin and we all freeze!! It's SOOO fun!!!
                • divinegirl123
                  divinegirl123Saturday, May 9, 2020 at 6:25 pm
                  Yep yep that's cool awesome 💙
                  • teen_girl
                    teen_girlSaturday, May 9, 2020 at 5:30 pm
                    I'm tooooooootaly doing that!!
                    • fihikody-156942983450