This is another heartwarming Disney movie, I absolutely loved it :-) I must admit, I did tear up near the end, BUT no spoilers! I won't say why :) you will have to watch it to find out. But it was an absolutely amazing movie (I watched it on the plane, actually). Hiro is an amazing character, really nice and genius smart! Seriously! How does he invent such amazing things? There is a twist towards the end, which is awesome, because I love twists in movies! I would recommend this movie to all age groups (though if you are young, bring your parents along, I'm sure they'd love it too :-) ). Great movie, deserves an oscar, like Wiiuman6 said.
Dork Diaries is my favourite book series. I relate to Nikki so much it's like we're the same person! This series is the best series ever for girls of all ages (even high school :-) ). I would recommend this book so much! I love the cute cartoons in the diary and I can't put the books down! I have read them so many times!!!!!!
1. On April the 1st, people play pranks on other people. The theory about how the tradition began is that it had something to do with the transition from the Julian calendar to the Gregorian calendar.
2. Thomas Edison invented the lightbulb. The Daily Graphic claimed that Thomas Edison had invented the machine that could feed people. They were ready to believe him because he was an incredible inventor and they believed he was capable of inventing anything.
3. Smellovision was apparently a television that produced smells, BBC came up with this prank.
I love this article! That dog is so cute! I wish those apps were real, then my dog could do my homework for me instead of eating it :-)
1. The stork's bill disperses its seeds by ballistic dispersal. It is is different from most other plants because most plants uses animals, wind, water or explosion to disperse their seeds.
2. The seeds plant themselves by a corkscrew motion. The appendage twists clockwise and anti-clockwise depending on the humidity, to twist the seed into the ground.
3. The consumers of the stork's bill include birds, rodents, ants, and people consuming certain types of Indian diets. It can also be used as a hygrometer (to show how much moisture is in the air) and it can also be sprinkled onto watermelon seeds to prevent disease!
Critical thinking: I think that the reason for the stork's bill's rapid growth across America is definitely down to it's self-planting method because it doesn't rely on other components to disperse its seeds. It is entirely up to the plant if the seeds are dispersed. It doesn't need help from humans or animals, therefore it can disperse its seeds a lot quicker because it does not need to wait for animals or wind!
1. It was special because the lunar eclipse was a blood moon. The parts of the world that had the best view included New Zealand and the United States.
2. Lunar eclipses occur when the Sun, Earth and Moon are aligned and the moon blocks the light of the Sun, so the moon gets a ring of light around it.
3. Blood moons are when the Earth's atmosphere casts the shadow on the Moon, blocking the light of the Sun. The Sun, Earth and moon have to be perfectly aligned. The light gives the moon its red colour. Some people are afraid of four consecutive blood moons because of some superstitions. The book titled along the lines of "four bloods moons: something is about to change" has increased this fear.
The author means that the rest of the world weren't able to see the blood moon because they were on the other side of the Earth when they said, "The rest of the world had to sit this one out."