Video Of The Week — Pixar Confirms The Shared Universe Theory

By

CCSS
Arlo from the Good Dinosaur makes an appearance in Monsters University (Photo Credit Disney/Pixar)

Disney is famous for creating interrelated plot lines across its superhero blockbusters – from Iron Man to The Avengers to the television series, Agents of Shield. Now, the movie studio has confirmed a theory first suggested by a fan in 2013 — the animated movies made by its subsidiary, Pixar, also share a common universe.

A113 - the classroom number common to many Pixar Films is portrayed twice in Finding Dory (Photo Credit: Disney/Pixar)

In a video released by Pixar early last week, the filmmakers revealed many Easter eggs —a reference to visual clues hidden in the various movies that reward eager fans similar to a traditional egg hunt. These include the delivery truck from Toy Story’s Pizza Planet, which has made an appearance in every Pixar movie except The Incredibles. Some like Arlo, the protagonist, in The Good Dinosaur, had a cameo role in both Toy Story and Monsters University, long before the movie was made.

These, of course, are just a handful of the hundreds of fun Easter eggs waiting to be discovered. So the next time you are watching a Disney or Pixar movie, be sure to pay close attention for the subtle connections.

Resources: fastcompany.com, Pixar-Facebook

Cite Article
506 Comments
  • thewisdomoflife
    thewisdomoflifeSunday, May 31, 2020 at 11:32 pm
    Wow. I never realized that until now. Very funny of how our brain only focus on the main point, not realizing that there are hidden things right in our faces.
    • thewisdomoflife
      thewisdomoflifeSunday, May 31, 2020 at 11:32 pm
      • bsc
        bscFriday, May 22, 2020 at 3:02 pm
        Wow! I always try to find easter eggs when I watch the movies, but i usually forget about it.
        • rowefam
          rowefamTuesday, April 21, 2020 at 10:04 am
          WOW
        • mangogirl
          mangogirlTuesday, April 14, 2020 at 10:39 am
          I literally missed all of these when I was watching the movies :0
          • angelfluff
            angelfluffFriday, April 10, 2020 at 1:10 pm
            I missed boo in monsters university movie
            • elena_likes_dog
              elena_likes_dogThursday, April 9, 2020 at 12:32 pm
              I wonder what happned to Boo in the end of Monsters inc.??
              • traeheart77
                traeheart77Friday, March 13, 2020 at 6:53 am
                I LOVE PIXAR BECAUSE IT IS AWESOME BUT MOSTLY BECAUSE OF MARVEL STUDIOS BECAUSE THAT IS BETTER THAN AWESOME IT IS GONNA MAKE ME SPEECHLESS. (marvel is way better than awesome so dont judge me okay).....
                • spykitten