Full court press. Crashing the boards. Boxing out. Backdoor plays. Slam dunks. Double overtime. It takes strength, endurance, speed and agility to play high school basketball today. From power forwards to point guards, today's student athletes need a specialized exercise regimen to get out of tryouts and onto the team. Get Fit Now for High School Basketball helps players of all levels--from novices to varsity stars--get in their best shape both mentally and physically.
Designed specifically for boys and girls aged 12 to 18, Get Fit Now for High School Basketball is packed with b/w photos shot on location at one of the nation’s top-ranked high school basketball programs. It uses real high school basketball players to demonstrate the exercise program that not only got them on the team but also made them champions.
Get Fit Now for High School Basketball includes a unique mixture of:
• Performance evaluations
• Tips for improving the mental game to ensure that you step onto the court with the confidence to win
• Guidelines for safe and effective weight training
• Nutrition tips to keep you in your best shape, on and off the court
• Aerobic conditioning regimens
• Speed and agility training
• Special vision exercises
• Practical game day routines that are guaranteed to have you ready from jump ball to the final buzzer.
In a time when more and more high school players are going straight to the NBA, high school basketball is becoming more competitive by the year. Whether you are trying to make the team or help lead it to an undefeated season, Get Fit Now for High School Basketball will help you to achieve the highest possible level of mental and physical readiness.
Drawing upon his years of experience, Joe Kolb gives you the training information you need to stay in shape during the off-season, and to be ready for action once play begins.